Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday CHLOE #1!!!

Only 5 days after Clate's birthday we were celebrating Chloe's big #1! Now that I can't believe. This past year really has flown by SOOO fast. I'm not sure if it's the bald head or the fact that she's not even close to walking and isn't really saying anything, but she doesn't seem like a 1-year-old yet. I think it's just God's way of letting me enjoy the baby stage longer so I don't get any crazy desire to have another one any time soon...no worries there!
Her birthday kind of crept up on me. The week before was quite the crazy week, and at times I actually questioned myself if I had the right month..."She really was born in September, right? Not October?" But I was sure that it was right after Clate's birthday, so it had to be September. Of course, her birthday fell on Sunday, so come Sunday morning and I didn't have a cake or anything for her. AHHH...am I a bad mom? I was determined to have a cake for her, so I pulled out my cookbooks and did something I had never done before...made a cake from scratch! It actually turned out pretty good! I was proud of myself! Luckily, the night before I had run to the store to get a gift for her (come on, what does a 3rd child need when it comes to toys?), just so I could give her something...if for nothing more than to make me feel better. So, we enjoyed cake and presents with just the family and Grandma Dell who came in to help us celebrate!


The cake I made from scratch!!! Maybe I should go into business with this...NOT!



Chloe eating her cake...and loving it!

Chloe at 1:

  • Like I said, she is not walking, just crawling...all over the place. She has started to pull herself up to things and today climbed the stairs by herself...scared me to death when I heard her talking at the top of the stairs. Yeah, she doesn't know how to go back down yet.
  • She also is not saying much...no mama or dada, not even animal sounds. We gotta get working on this.
  • She has 4 teeth; that's more than Clate or Halle had at 1 year.
  • She loves to be tickled and has the cutest laugh.
  • Still sleeps in the playroom in the pack-n-play; she sleeps better in her own room.
  • Loves to snuggle, mostly with just mom...I'm not complaining.
  • Enjoys playing by herself with her toys. She does this better than Clate or Halle.
  • Prefers formula to cows milk, but must be weaned soon.
  • Smiles and giggles at Clate and Halle at almost anything they do. Overall, she's a very happy 1-year-old.

I wasn't sure about how I felt about her coming into my world, but it all seems to make sense now and I know she was supposed to come when she did. She just fits so perfectly into our little family and I wouldn't change anything about it...even if I had it to do over again. Happy Birthday, CJ.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

She is absolutely adorable! Such great photos! The cake-from-scratch thing was suprisingly fun for me too. Ella didn't walk until after one either. It just seems like they all do things at their own pace, huh? Thanks for sharing the fun. Hope your family is doing great!

Rachel said...

I am so stoked on those cake photos! I have never seen a baby get so into her first birthday cake. Neither of my girls even liked theirs very much. Go Chloe! Excited to see you this weekend!

Peck Family said...

Hey Kari found your blog thru Rachel's ! Cute family!!! Where are you guys.

Kim Moore said...

Yay I found you! Email me! kimmiesuemoore@gmail.com

That's right everyone, that's my email!